Dad made this sauce to serve with prawns and rice, but I often use hard-boiled eggs, chicken, or tuna to replace the prawns.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons oil (or less) in a pan.
- To the pan, add 1 clove garlic, 1 roughly chopped onion, 3/4 cup carrot strips, 1 teaspoon curry powder or paste, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar - saute until onion is softened.
- Add 3-4 Tablespoons flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Add 450mls (3/4 pint) milk, and 150mls (1/4 pint) water and stir until sauce is mixed well, and there are no floury lumps.
- Cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve with rice and prawns, or other protein such as hard-boiled eggs, tuna, salmon, or chicken.