Tuesday 10 February 2015

DAD'S CURRY SAUCE WITH PRAWNS AND VEGETABLES


I love this easy recipe, firstly because my Dad gave it to me and I think of him each time I make it, and secondly because it tastes great. Dad is no longer with us, but his good cooking lives on!


Featured Recipe

Dad made this sauce to serve with prawns and rice, but I often use hard-boiled eggs, chicken, or tuna to replace the prawns.
  1. Heat  2 Tablespoons oil (or less) in a pan.
  2. To the pan, add 1 clove garlic, 1 roughly chopped onion, 3/4 cup carrot strips, 1 teaspoon curry powder or paste, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar - saute until onion is softened.
  3. Add 3-4 Tablespoons flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
  4. Add 450mls (3/4 pint) milk, and 150mls (1/4 pint) water and stir until sauce is mixed well, and there are no floury lumps.
  5. Cook until sauce thickens.
  6. Serve with rice and prawns, or other protein such as hard-boiled eggs, tuna, salmon, or chicken.
NOTE: I add extra veggies as well, like cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, peas, and even diced potato or pumpkin, cooking them separately and adding to the sauce when serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment